View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 09:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ladyregah
Paused

closely guarded secret

you post made me think back to when i was using years and years ago... I remember at the end when I had hit my rock bottom thinking to myself how I wanted to see myself in the years to come (all of this flying on way to much LSD) and I knew that I didnt want to be sitting where I was just wondering what I would be doing with the rest of my life as it was passing me by...

I dont know if you have seen the posts/replies I have made about my signs... I made up signs with affirmations on them and I posted them all over my house... They said things like "I am my best friend" "I am the only me that I will ever truly have" and "I love me just because I am me today" There were many others too but those were my favorites... I think that my friends thought I was losing my mind but that was what I needed. I didnt do AA or NA or any of that but I did spend alot of time with just me. Now I wonder if your daughter has ever thought about where she wants to be in a few years... addiction/dysfunction is progressive if you cant break the cycle... Might be worth asking her where she is going or where she wants to be... Seems to be easier to have a plan if you know what you want...
Hugs,
Kathie