View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aristo
Resentment Building

What happened to me today...

Hi All,

Last week I had a flat tyre - no biggy, I wasn't in a rush and got it fixed no problem.

Today I had another flat - the tyre I put on was stuffed and blew on the way home from work. I travellling on a hwy and it blew. There was nowhere to pull over, so I had to pull up on the grass median strip between the traffic going my way and the oncoming traffic.

Tried chaning the tyre , but because of the grass, the jack kept sinking into the ground.

I has an appointment to get to in an hour - so I was feeling crazy stressed by the traffic coming both ways - and the problem with the jack.

Called my lovely Sister - who came picked me up - went back to mine to get another jack and some wood so I could jack the car up.

Called my appointment and postponed.

Got the good wheel on the car eventually.

I recall thinking at the time all this was happening, that as little as one month ago - these event would be enough to trigger me to go straight to the pub and sink more than a few beers.

Today - I pleased to say - that I didn't need to pick up a drink - Everything got solved - nothing was a big problem and it all got handled - Noone was pissed that I called them for help or to tell them I couldn't make the appointment - Everything got re-scheduled. It was not a big drama.

Best of all - I didn't feel that I needed a drink to calm down - because I was already quite calm, considering the circumstances.

So that is my story of toay - I am pleased and proud that I managed the incident so well and with no thought of drinking.

YAY for me !

Thanks for reading.

Peace,

Aristo