Old 07-03-2006, 02:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
britz

I am on the fliip side to this issue. I am the friend of someone who has been diagnosed with bipolar. It has been just shy of 6 months. My concern is it is all she talks about. We may talk on the phone for an hour and the entire time it is about her bi polar or her eating disorder. It got so bad that when my son went to the prom she didn't even acknowledge it or comment to me about the pictures I sent her. We had a fall out and are just now beginning to talk again. I want to be a good friend and be there and listen and inquire to her about all that is going on in her life but I can not ONLY talk about this. She has become friendly with another woman who also is bi polar and when I have been with the 2 of them (on the computer or in person) they talk about different episodes they have had. How one is in mania right now and the other is depressed. I have gone online and read all I can read about it in trying to be a good friend but I am seriously concerned for our 14 year friendship. I have recieved some off the wall emails from her and she is saying to me that the past months are a blur to her and she is not sure of all that has happened (in refrence to an email I got from her). I am not ignorant, far from it, but I do not know how to handle this situation.