Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 01:44 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
historyteach
To Life!

Originally Posted by clancy
Also Best, if it is okay to ask, and im sure folk mustask you this all the time,so sorry if im being tedious, but Jesus/God is supposed to be omnipotent, omniecient and benign right? so why does he let people die in such ghastly circumstances? why do the worst diasters hit the poorest areas? A christian girl died in my town after a ghastly attack, in which her friend heard her cry out to God...why wasnt he there? Was the attackers free will more important than her right to life? how can he be good, all powerful and all knowing and let this happen?
Sorry if these questions seem impertinent and confrontational!

I figured you must have asked them yourself once and gotten a answer that satisfied you otherwise you woouldnt have become a Christian?

Thanks for bearing with me, sorry if the question seems rude.I hope not, id really like to know...xx clanc
Well, Clancy,
There have been many answers given to these questions over the ages.
And the same questions are posited to G*D that is not Jesus the christ.
I found a comforting and meaningful answer in the book, Why Bad Things Happen to Good People, by Harold Kushner. But, that gives a spiritual/religious angle to the question. Just not a Christian one.
You seem to be against the Christian explaination. Just recognize that there are others, too.

L'Chaim!