Thread: Im new at this
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bizygal70

Question Im new at this

Hello,
I'm 36, married with a 12 year old daughter. I've not drank for 2 full days and have made inquiries about going into a treatment program. My husband likes partying, hanging with the neighbors as do I however I do realize that my drinking is out of control and has been for many years. I cannot just have 1 glass of wine, beer or anything for that matter. Instead I end up drinking 8-12 beers and a hard liquor drink on top of that before calling it a night. I seem to drink every other night although more so lately. It seems when early evenings roll around and I get dinner started it makes it so easy to do this, it's been like this for a long time and I can't seem to break the pattern. I'm tired of hangovers, fatigue, cloudy headed etc.... I had filed for divorce 1.5 months ago from my husband of 17 years due to him going through some mid-life crisis and wanting a different lifestyle in general however I'm starting to see that it's going to have to begin with taking away the alcohol. All of our neighbors/friends seem to drink, how the heck is this suppose to work??? My husband says he will be supportive yet he doesn't seem to have dependent issues with alcohol even though he drinks frequently he can stop after a couple, ya know? I have been to AA a few years ago but I'm thinking I need something a bit more intense. The urge was there tonight even though I was able to refrain remembering that Friday evening I was home alone and ended up sick. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks for listening