Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 07:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
leviathon

I do not believe in a god, nor do I believe in an afterlife in the traditional sense. My view is that just as science says energy is never lost it just changes form, the same is true for life.

When we die our bodies are given back to the earth from which they came and eventually our molecules are absorbed into other living things (trees, grass, etc.). In terms of our "spirits", I have no concept of whether or not the essence that makes me who I am will go on or simply fade away. I do know that through my actions in life I will live on after my death in that I will have contributed to my community, taught and learned from those around me, left lasting impressions on some. In short, while my physical presence will be no more, I will live on through my interactions with others, my professional contributions, etc.

I do not fear death as it is just the final step in this life. There is no way around it. My goal while I am here is to make the world I live in a better place and to hopefully help the world become more than it currently is and to live my life as fully as I can without taking from or harming others. That's it.

Peace, Levi