View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
here somewhere
and going nowhere fast.

I always felt that "God made man, man made religion". The two need not be intertwined, but may be so if that is what YOU want to believe. Are all the Christians right? Are the Jews all wrong? How about the Hindus? What about people like the American Indians before the time of Columbus? How can just one group be so right, and all the others get it so wrong? What if God gave the people of a certain time and a certain place the very thing that they would find most acceptable in order to lead a moral life? You know what I mean? Like if 2000 years ago in the mid-east, He gave those people Jesus. And before that, in the far east, He gave those people Budha. And before that, He gave the Egyptians the Sun god. You get the Idea? Maybe it's like you really should believe in SOMETHING, and now that the world has shrunk down to the size of a "global village" we can just pick what ever way we choose to live a moral life. I really don't know, but wouldn't mind having something a little more substantial than just plain "blind faith" to hang my hat on.
These are just my thoughts on the subject, and are in no way ment to deny or confirm what someone else might believe.