Thread: Got A Question
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 08:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jwife22

Well...wouldn't it have been easier to not use phrases like 'my mother and I are trying to figure out what meds we'll put him on' ?

This statement was no where in my thread.

"My mother suggested that although he is doing somewhat okay in learning to control his anxiety at work, that maybe we should consider putting him on some type of anti anxiety meds"

This statement was and we is meant as my husband and I, not my mother and I.

My Husband share more than you think with me. We talk about his recovery, his urges, his mentor, his therapy alot.

The meds thing is the only thing I know he really won't bring up to me. We do tell eachother a whole lot. With our situation, it was lies, betrayal, hurt, pain, anger over and over again while he was using. I think he doesn't want to start that over again.

I made my decision about talking to my husband about seeing a doc. We spoke about it over the weekend and he was very open with me about how he feels about it.

Its something he wants to discuss with his therapist before he goes and he knows he must be completely honest about his addiction.

Apology accepted. I understand where you are coming from b/c reading your profile, you were the addict and understand more about where he is coming from and I am the codependent wife just wanting to "fix" things.