View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
still_me

Just need a place to "talk"

Hey guys,

I haven't been here for a while. I do remember the last time I was here. I wanted help to get clean/sober and someone here offered to talk to me and maybe had even found a detox program for me. I THOUGHT I was ready til they posted that. That terrified me and I didn't come back. Yes, Very sick thinking.

So, here I am today. I ended up at the end of this april in ICU with pancreatitis. So now I'm at the point of weaning off the oxycontin. That is the only thing I need to get off of now. I'm tapering and really thought I was doing well and then today has been a bit rough. Off and on today I feel on the verge of a panic attack. That is the best way to describe it. I also am looking to eat something sweet! I went to a movie last night and I NEVER buy any sweets but bought and ate 2 big boxes of candi by MYSELF!! My sons birthday was yesterday and today I got up and ate 2 HUGE pieces of cake! Am I remembering correctly in that coming off narcotics makes you crave sweets? anyway the problem with that is I'm diabetic now.

I just need somewhere to type all this. I am committed to getting off this stuff and I don't feel like I want to take more than I'm suppose too to wean off but just need to come type here when that panicing feeling comes back. Which it does off and on. I can't get out and go due much due to the pain and the feelings of weakness of the pancreatitis still. Even still on the meds. I have quite a bit of pain. I am HOPING when I'm off it will be tolerable. I'm the one that asked to start tapering off so wish me luck there.

At this point I will just be popping in and out on here.
thanks just for letting me do that.