Thread: The Truth
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 02:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Pick-a-name

Hi,Jess. Like G, B. made the choice for me,too. Moving out and divorcing. It still is devastating..I don't know which is worse;deciding or being the one an addict walks away from....

Thanks for posting about the progression SS. That really helped me "see" something I forgot. When B. moved out, I assumed he would drink more. Actually, I don't know if he does ( he SAYS he drinks less......probably not but that is not the point.) I remembered about progression in the drinking,but I forgot about progression of the ISM behavior. All those things he tried so hard to control,etc to live with me and the kids he is now free to do as he likes....and THOSE are the really disturbing things I am noticing and have lead him NOT to move back home and to seek divorce. I totally forgot that that is the part of the disease that is most objectable to me and that it is progressive,too.

Thanks for the reminder. It helps me see things clearer and also to not feel so confused and "dumped". I think he WAS the man I thought he was........but with progression, he no longer is. B. could hold it together for a long time but progression. Just like in Dr. Jekkyl and Mr. Hyde.the "sick" side is overtaking the "good/healthy" in him and will continue unless he stops and gets into recovery. Same with G. JMO

Jessica.I have been praying for my HP (God) to gently! show me the truth and He is doing that and it is starting to become clear to me in a way I can accept. I pray the same for you,I know our struggles are similar. I seems you are seeing and acting differently,too. Big hugs to you!