View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 01:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
aasharon90

Hi bfree. Hey, im glad ur here. You know, i find myself poping in and out of this site quite often during the day too. It's because i dont feel like im alone here. Even if no one responds to me then thats ok, but HURRAY when someone does. Just like for u. : )

I kinda wish i were in ur shoes in a way because u r getting some much needed attention. For me I like attention.... : )

Ur kinda special here right now with alot of other newcomers. The newer u r the more special u r. : ) I use to be where u are at one time. Now im an "old-timer" as they call us. But not that old in age....lol

Just think there is probably someone even newer than u right now feeling the same way u r if not worse. This is where u can come in and share with them exactly what u r doing right now. Which is coming on here often and postin how u r feeling. Getting responses from others in recovery. People constantly telling u to keep coming back. Those newer people need u and me too. U may not think so or u may not think u have anything worthwhile to share with them, but u do. Look at u now. Ur not drinking and ur holding on finding other ways to cope with ur situation.

When im down and into MYSELF....MYSELF is sooooo SELFISH....I can only think of ME. ITS all about ME, MYSELF and I. The way i can get out of ME is turn to someone else less fortunate than i. Someone that is needing a shoulder to cry on or an hear to listen to. A sounding boards so to speak. U can easily be that person and while doing that u will have forgotten what u r sad about or what maybe bothering u.

Try it and see what happens.

Ok, ill check back with u again in a few.

AA friend with love and care.