Thread: Opportunity
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 06:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

Process Of RECOVERY

The process of recovery is just an amazing thing! I am just in awe this time at how my attitude has mostly been toward the positive. Yes I have had negative times but not a full bad day. It is just part of life on life's terms that each and everyone of society has to accept, live, and try to do there best.

For years I have been in the program (since 2002) and really have not applied what I have learned. From my own experience, once I was willing to apply it into my life thus making ALL of my life recovery, then and only then did the Process of Recovery start. I guess that was when I finally decided that I am going to do whatever I have to do to stay clean. I started to take the suggestion, and act upon them whether I liked them or not. I just did it, I knew that my best thinking was keeping me high for the last 3 months, turning into someone that I didn't want to be and yet I was probably that person all my life.

Opening up new doors to my past is very painful, yet I know that the pain won't get me high unless I choose to pick up. I am not choosing that path for I know that it leads to destruction of self, and destruction to life. I am enjoying the process of learning how to live life on life's terms. If there wasn't no PAIN involved then there would be no where to go in recovery. I am please and very fortunate to be here today, clean and sober, open-minded, willing to do what it takes to get what I want.

Love Vic