View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 03:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
StandingStrong

So what do you do now. Now that you see the things that you have done wrong? How do you make them right.
I am working on me.
I continue to look at my own behavior, I continue to not repeat those actions and behavior.
I try to make amends by apologizing for the things that hurt him and others - other than when it will hurt them or make it worse. Not in keeping secrets, but how I understand it as described in the steps.
I continue to focus on me - learn new ways to handle myself - and hope that I continue to get better.
This is not to say that I don't catch myself being tempted to do things or that I don't think about them - because I do. However - I don't act upon them, I handle the situation differently. And sometimes, I slip. It's a learned habit behavior that will take time to remedy. I have to do this one day at a time and hope that someday there will be new and healthier ways of me dealing with things.

Other than that, I am not sure how to answer. I am still on my journey and don't have all the answers. I can only strive and work to be better.