Thread: Opportunity
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 06:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
aloneagainor

Before continuing I must make a correction, this has been bugging me since I wrote it. There IS a phone here, but calls go directly to the machine, few people call, I don't like the phone as a conversation medium. It's a business item mostly. E-mail correspondence MUCH preferred.

Thank you Cindi. Your program sounds functional for you, as I'm thinking something similar will be for me. I'm not looking for anyone this way really yet, mostly still working on connecting with a group on a regular basis. Definitely thinking about how to proceed in the most effective way, that can actually work. Even the thought of relying on someONE or even two to direct me that way, I just can't let enough GO to do that, I don't think. Actually I do think thinking-brain is my friend. Just that addict-thinking-brain interferes too often.

Originally Posted by Cindi R
However, most of the time I chose to use God as my sponsor...I have difficulty in putting that much faith in a mere mortal.
I did however use the whole group, and took bits and pieces from everyone and atttended many, many meetings in the beginning.
So far, my program's been working for me...one day at a time for a few 24 hours now. August 15th will be 5 years of sobriety from drugs and alcohol.
I look at the broad, diverse base of people I can call on to answer questions, and trust to provide me with a diverse range of suggestions/ perceptions/ perspectives to consider. Consider as much relevant input as I can find. So to actively CHOOSE the right and best way to go. I should choose, in the end, do you think? It really must be up to the individual to decide in the end, which way to go, I guess...