Thread: Guess What?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 02:26 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Morning Glory
Administrator

You're the one that's there and can see the situation better than I can. I know I've found myself in a situation where my daughter gets highly upset because she thinks I'm in a lot of danger with my son. It's good that she keeps reminding me of that because it keeps me from slipping into denial, but at the same time I'm the one that's actually involved and can see where he is emotionally.

I've been in a terrible crisis 3 times on this forum and the way I handle it is to get all the opinions I can and compare it to what's actually happening in my life and use what I can to move forward. It's not easy to explain a situation when you can only write it down. I have a hard time expressing myself. I go into fight or flight mode and can't think or write clearly.

I've made some friends here that know me well and a few of them hit me with the skillet this week and it's exactly what I needed to find my tools again. There are other times when I can see they are right, but I'm not able to move forward with it yet. I've learned that I can take what I want and leave the rest. I use the information I receive to increase my awareness, acceptance, and actions. I am always in one of these areas in my recovery. I lose my balance sometimes.

Hugs,
MG