Thread: I need help
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 07:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
kktatj

I thank all of you for your stories. I have never used drugs, I was addicted to the bottle and I have been clean for many years, but it seems that these drugs has a more powerful hold on people or maybe its the combination of drug and personality traits. I have seen a lot of people on drugs and have seen what it can do to them and there families, my aunt lost everything b/c of her daughters drug abuse. That is why I made a decision never to talk to someone who used, but when I met this guy he was just so unbelievable, I just wanted to be with him, near him, and we didnt get together right away, I helped him get clean, we went on vacations together, he started being around me and my family not those friends of his and he did it and he loved it he loved being clean that is why it was so hard to understand the slip. He has now made the decision not to go back to work for those people, he quit on his on I didnt make him ( I knew that wouldnt be right or that would be a reason for him to blame me later down the line, I knew he had to do it), I just told him my opinion how much i loved him how i didnt want to have to put a headstone on his plot before we could even start a life together, I told him that he might think he knows all he can about his abuse but that one time is all it takes to slip to do to much to get some bad stuff and thats it your done, lights out, I told him (I used to work in atreatment center, my dad was is an abuser of many things) every thing I did know I admitted I had never been there and I dont understand but from the outside looking in and seeing others this is what I thought about it. I reminded him of my hard life, of my bad memories and how I made a choice to change things, I talked about my dad loosing everything including us. He said he knew these things and I told him I was just reminding him he is not alone and I had been in some of those places too. I reminded him how when he is high I cant see those beautiful blue eyes that I love so much. I dont know what the future holds but I do love him and I do believe him, I will continue to come to this forum b/c I dont know everything about this and I will need help b/c I know he might slip, and its a life long battle and I am going to try my best to be there for him in any way possible. I thank all of you for listening.