Thread: Guess What?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 09:13 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

thanks pick a name

i have a lot of trouble swiriling around, but i will do all i know how to do to not let this stuff worry me. with 5 adult kids, i refuse to try to control,manipulate,or get into their business. if they ask me, all that i can do is try to direct them the best i know how, other than that, they have to figure things out for themselves.

my mom raised 6 kids alone, my dad past at an early age and i am the oldest, she have a saying "if you make you bed hard, you lay in it" and i adopted it for my kids.

their choices are their choices, when they make mistakes as people do, their taught like i was to find a way to deal with them, and to let me be your last resort.

i feel like i've done the best i know how with what i had and knew in raising my kid and once grown, they are grown. i too still have minors to deal with and i don't have the time or energy or want to take on their junk.

when it comes to the children and the elderly, thats a different story, and it does not matter who they are. these kids just happened to be my grands.

does this make any sense?

maybe this is why i have internalized so much over the yrs and i know that this is not good for me. so i thought that i would at least try to get some of this stuff out.