View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 03:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
trish
Paused

wishedno

"My arms got messed up from shooting even now that ive been clean i get embarrised like now its summer when i wear short sleeves like today i wore a tank top cause it was too hot to wear long sleeves its embarrising when people see my arms cause its like rite off the bat they have this thought about u"

I can totally relate to the comment about the "tracks". I was shooting dope and coke for so many years that my veins collapsed. I used my feet, wrists, in between the fingers. It was gross. People in my neighborhood all used to ask what happened and when I finally fessed up......they never let me live it down. While I was wearing shorts the other day, one person was like, "Look, you still have some track marks on your legs and arms". And not to mention that it was said in front of alot of people. I was like yeah, I guess they will always be noticeable.
It was humiliating and made me feel like crap, because my kids were there. I felt totally sabatoged.
My body has healed to the extreme. I have only one track on each arm. Not to bad for someone whos been to hell and back.
I look at it this way....those tracks are always going to be there to remind me of my past and how much pain I endured on myself and kids.
I guess that could be a good thing