Thread: Anger
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 03:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dswife

I feel so bad for you. I just cried and cried when I read your story. It sounds so much like mine. I'm going through the same thing. My husband is Bi-Polar and turned to alcohol for help with this issue. Now he's been sober for 3 weeks and he went out last night and had a "few" beers. I'm panicking because I know that these "few" may be fine, but in a couple of days when he's down he won't be able to stop at the "few". We had it out before he stopped and I locked him out of the house and he agreed to get into therapy, AA Meetings and Church. The meetings are ok, but almost show him that he doesn't have it as bad as they do. He's a binge drinker, not an everyday one. But, he's had 2 DWI's, spent 100's of dollars and our daughter has found him passed out numerous times. We fight about it all the time, or did until 3 weeks ago. I'm thinking of going to an Al-Anon meeting to have them tell me how to handle it. I want to be downstairs yelling that he's going to screw up again, but I know that's wrong. I'm going to take the advise and maybe get a cousler as well. Just wanted you to know your not alone. Thanks for sharing your story. It shows me I'm not alone either.