View Single Post
Old 06-22-2003, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
paradox

am i handling this right?

I just found out that my ah took one of his credit cards and has been using it to drink this week (we are broke).

He agreed earlier to not using the cards so that we could pay them down in preparation for buying a house. He had voluntarily given me all the cards to hold and in order to get this one he had to search through my purse and open a sealed envelope then make everything look untouched.

My reaction to this was to do nothing. I read from so CAL for awhile and thought it through. The card is not in my name and I can buy a house without putting him on the mortgage if he ruins his credit. I will let him deal with this.

He is out of work until he gets a medical procedure done in July and I have been paying the bills. I had been letting him have an equal amount of spending money as I allowed myself (which he would spend drinking) I think the best thing is to cut him off of this since he thinks it is ok to run up more bills that we can't afford. I'll only pay what I normally would have.

He's been being really sweet and considerate lately must be a guilty conciense. I'm not going to say a word and just enjoy it.

Am I on target with not making this my problem?