View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 04:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
aloneagainor

Happy and relieved, at ease here this morning, grateful for the gentle encouragement in ((earlybird))"MAKING that effort. Even when we didn't really want to do it." ((wolfman)) "Doing the things that seem uncomfortable and getting through them diminishes the power that our worries exert." ((Vic))"The more that we face our fears the less power they have over us." Addressing things we don't want to face ((liveweyerd)).

Could copy this entire thread in gratitude. Midday yesterday my friend and her mother and I tended gardens, backs to the sun, hands to the earth, surrounded by sounds of birds wild and domestic, and sweet smells of late spring. They expressed such appreciation to be here. I too easily forget how nature-starved city folk can be for that connection to nature. And I too readily overlook the positive effect connection with other people does have on me.
Originally Posted by 51anna
I think balance is crucial. The main thing is don't force yourself beyond what you know you can handle. Pushing yourself can be a good thing, but forcing is another thing. Above all, be kind and gentle with yourself. It is my firm belief that we know ourselves best and we know what we need. We must only listen to hear what it is.
There's an element of self-confidence to be recognized here, as it crops up in most every entry to this thread. About second-guessing ourselves, distrusting our abilities, opting for isolating retreat over forward-moving action. Watching things happen as a "bewildered passenger" seated at the table in the far corner. Oh the similarities between where we place ourselves physically, and mentally! And spiritually. It really is all about connecting, Interconnectedness. Taken in small doses, so not to force. Listening to learn how to proceed, with ease. I'm believing there may be peace found in this.