View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 05:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
CatsTail

Hi,

What do you mean by "periodic short relapses"?

Ngaire

Originally Posted by deettah
I don't know why I am stunned. I guess I am suprised that he gave up his sobriety of almost 5 years(with periodic short relapses). My AH just showed up here drunk. Thank God my son was asleep. I went outside to tell AH to turn down his car stereo and I knocked on the driver's side window to get his attention, in his drunken stupor he did not see me approach the car. When he rolled down the window I smelled a rush of beer and alcohol odor. I couldn't help myself and asked him why he smelled like beer? DUH? He answered "Because I stopped by the local bar and had a few and a shot." He then proceeded to ask me for a kiss and profess his love for me "down to the bottom of his heart" and in the next breath tell me what a b*tch I was to him and that he drank because he couldn't handle being away from me. Argh!!! I told him that it was his choice to drink and that I wanted him to leave. He asked if I would call the police and I said that I would because he was drunk and DRIVING!!! A COMPANY CAR FROM HIS NEW JOB NO LESS!!! I asked him if he forgot about the great job that he had gotten and if he knew what would happen if he were to get pulled over, I asked him if he forgot about his aspiration to be a better dad and he said he didn't care anymore and I asked him if he didn't care why should I? I then gave him until then count of ten to leave and he did. Should I have turned him in? What if he kills someone on the road or himself? How can I detach from that? God keeps giving me these slap-in-the-face signs and I have ignored them. I CANNOT ignore this. Not again.