View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 10:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
megamysterioso
One brief hour...

what a b*tch I was to him and that he drank because he couldn't handle being away from me. Argh
Classic A behavior of blaming everything and everyone but himself for the "reason" why he drinks! You really should not be surprised about it though, but I can relate to giving him "too much credit". I've done that before w/my AH too and have always gotten the reality slap.

It is your call on whether or not to call the police. I personally wouldn't b/c it is his choice to drive drunk and be irresponsible. If there are consequences, those are his to face. I do understand you wanting to "protect" innocents on the road, but we as codies must realize that we CANNOT control everything.

IMO Deettah, you need to go back to no contact and the sooner the better. This type of drama will continue for quite a while I think unless you put an end to it. He cannot affect you in this way if he is not around you.

I asked him if he forgot about his aspiration to be a better dad and he said he didn't care anymore and I asked him if he didn't care why should I?
He DOES NOT care. Really listen to him. He DOES NOT care about sobriety and the commitment it takes to remain sober for LIFE. His actions have proven this over and over again (what little that I know of your situation and I'm sure there is so much more).