View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 01:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
aloneagainor

Originally Posted by growingup
...no more lies no more substances. i want to do it for myself but i also have to do it for her. she is asking me to prove that she can trust me because i have lied to her a lot.i feel as if i have ended the lies and that maybe i really have changed, but i don't kno how to prove that. if this sounds familiar i would really like to hear your story.
Growing up,
Your story is not familiar to me but I'll write anyway. At age 19 there's no way I'd have admitted to, much less recognzied, the fact I was lying to protect my drug use. Certainly I had justifiable REASONS for using, and I kept on justifying/ rationalizing my use for some 17 MORE years before realizing that I was lying/ deceiving/ distorting/ avoiding the truth. So I'm SO IMPRESSED by your ability to see through your own addiction and make the necessary changes, as you can see what you'd be giving up if you do not.

Your actions, behavior, attitude will be your proof. Stay straight and honest, hang on to it...Your integrity will serve you well through life.