View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 10:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Dalloway

I think people come here for different reasons and use the board in different ways. Maybe she will come back. Maybe she is digesting. Hopefully she was here for her last stand at denial and is looking into the mirror right now at this very moment. It feels a little weird talking about someone in a post like this.

I hope this isn't highjacking, but yesterday I had a major crapola day and I posted and I felt, well, like by some of the replies. Of course not totally and *everyone* was very careful to be kind, and even the replies that felt like were helpful. But it always hurts to be counted with the unenlighted.

I think it is really important to remember that everyone has their own time and thinking pattern and has to "own" these ideas for themselves before they make a difference, and it's scary as hell to be the newbie, or like me yesterday, the backslider. It's scary as hell to post the things that we probably know are unhealthy but we need help getting through them.

I very much appreciate this place and all of you but the feeling that some are popping in from their real lives in nirvana is a bit unnerving, even though I need to hear from these people and I feel happy that this work can bring about such changes for me. I guess I'm just saying that we all have to be a little careful about the atmosphere of the board.