View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 01:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by siv
I just don't know how to deal with my parents and brother, and their demands of me getting a divorce. They said they would disown me if I don't take their advice, I'm not caving but just want input.
Whew! Talk about interference and sticking your nose where it doesn't belong!!!

Having gotten that off my chest, I'm sure your family's motive is honorable and they love you and want what is best for you. However, it's how they are going about it and presenting it to you that I don't particularly care for. It's very controlling if you ask me.

Bottom line, it's your life, your choices, your decision, not theirs! You probably already know that, and deep down, I'm sure they do too!

Make your decision when you are ready and if they stand beside you no matter what you have decided, that would be the best possible scenario!

If they don't stand by you, that speaks volumes doesn't it???

We don't get to pick our family, i.e. who we are related to by blood. But we do get to decide who is 'in our life or not'! Just because they are family doesn't mean they are exempt from that decision. There are a couple of family members I don't speak to any longer. It's a healthy decision for me at this time. At some point, that may change, and I might resume contact. But for today, I think not!

Make your own decisions in your own time, for you will be the one to have to live with whatever you decide. Whatever your family decides is out of your control, just like whatever you decide is out of their control. Or at least that's the way it should be!!!

Oops, almost forgot....welcome to SR!