View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 12:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Zoey

siv, Welcome to Sober Recovery, this is the greatest site ever.

I think Sat and Sun are a bit slower on here, but if you have been reading threads here you know many have been through really bad times, and have lots to share, they will be along in time. Late night rather quiet. (some people take time to sleep I guess) SMILE.

You sound like you can handle things in your life, and make the right decesions for you,
but your family has other ideas, that has to hurt, it all depends on the relationships between all of you. Would you want to share their reasons?? Are they just against any one that drinks, or just your husband?? Or just over protective of you??

I just wanted to say Hi and Welcome, I never had a problem like this, but in certain cases it could really hurt. I adored my parents, guess I was lucky they liked my hubby.
It is your life, none of us ever know if a day will come when we may have to leave or may want to leave, it happens in marriages where no alcohol involved. You said you wouldn't cave, but would be nice if they would wait and see one day at a time. hugs