View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 01:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
refreshing34

Thanks

I want to thank all of you for responding to me.
I am not sure how to add quotes so I am doing this the hard way.

Everything said here sounds right and alot of great advise. It definatly helps me get my head back on straight. When he drinks I am so determined to leave and then he takes a couple of nights off and I doubt my decision.

I know it is right in my gut and I have to leave. I have to protect my precious babies as they mean the world to me. I can't stand the way he treats them while he is drinking and he plays it all off as a joke or laughs it all off as he was only kidding or playing. It all came to a head last week when I was out of town and my kids called me about his behavior and when I got back they asked me to please don't ever leave them like that again with him. I needed to be here to protect them. That cut so deep. It finalized everything until he took a couple of nights off. NOw I see it all so clearly.
Reading here has helped me realize that I always say if he did THAT I would leave. We then reached THAT and I made more excuses. I won't anymore.
I know it is right I just don't want to hurt him but I realize that by staying it is my kids I am hurting instead.
Thank you guys.

To one who posted the link. THANK YOU. I am checking out that site and have downloaded the ebook and am reading that. It is a major eye opener for me. I realize that even though I knew there was a problem I was in denial.
Not anymore. It still hurts but I know I can do this for the kids.

I would love to respond to all of you seperate but am new to the board so not sure how it all works yet but thanks.

It really helps to know I am not alone.