View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 03:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Hey there GF,

Originally Posted by GettingFree
... I often jump to doing as a coping mechanism to quiet the fear and panic....
I do that too.

... Have confidence in my own progress ...
I have confidence in your progress, it's pretty clear just from reading your posts here.

... i am considering going freelance and all its implications ...
Having been freelance many, many times I can tell you it's not anywhere near as bad as it sounds. I went back and forth from freelance to regular employee more times than I can count. Basically I would take a regular job until I could find a better freelance gig, and take a better freelance gig until I could find a better regular job. The only time I got in trouble is when I got stubborn and tried to _stay_ in one track instead of remaining flexible enough to jump either way.

... I took on a freelance gig that I could do mostly from home because there is a possibility ...
Sounds like a good plan to me.

... It will be a gradual transition when it happens. I feel pretty comfortable with the approach. And happy about it, even though there are uncertainties. ...
Excellent, sounds to me like you got a parachute _and_ a spare

... I realized I was weeping for years of grief of having spent years doing something not because I loved it or it fed me spiritually or emotionally, but because I was taking care of responsibilities. ...
Congratulations. You are a great example of what we're all suposed to do in recovery.

... This registration symbolized taking a concrete step towards saying I'm important, I matter, and what can make me happy and feel fufilled matters. ...
You rock

Mike