View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Minx1969

hey there gf:

I've been unemployed for 5 months now and it was a difficult few months for me in the beginning until I let go of my fears of financial insecurity.

I have savings and other ways to support myself (retirement) but I guess one of my lessons I had to learn is that my HP will always provide for me...

I'd say that my bf L has been 95% supportive walking me through this (and of course my sponsor has been 100%).

I've always been financially self sufficent since I was in my early 20's...I pride myself on being independent. It's hard for me to ask for help.

Even with savings I didn't expect it to be such a blow to my ego...

Only 1 time did I have to have a discussion with L about not being supportive..In general he has not said anything other then that if needed he will support me..I didn't want him to do that.

Otherwise I'm so grateful that he let me struggle and just told me how much he loved me and believed in me...

it helped so much.

I still have some struggles with my financial fears ahead because in the next few years I want to switch careers and will take a huge paycut..but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

So just for today I work my program and let my HP sort everything out.

As you may have seen from my other posts - I've had 4 different interviews this week so I'm sure I'll be working soon.

And I'm not even out of savings.