Thread: new here
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NO FUN

Unhappy new here

HELLO!
I'm new here. I'm glad to have found this site. I am married to an alcoholic. We have been together for a few years.He becomes such a different person when he drinks, and is sometimes verbally abusive.That blows my mind to see how different he becomes. I know not to argue with a drunk!
He was sober for a number of years and has started again about 7 years ago on and off. If he drinks a lot one night and has a hang-over he won't drink for a week, then he'll do the same thing over again. I have talked to him about it severtal times. He gave me several apologies and then he will do it again.I know that his drinking is not "my fault" I know that logically but it still hurts. I have become "numb" and I don' t want to loose myself along with him. I know I can't fix him. I 'm getting angry at the fact that he chooses "booz" over me it is no worse than cheating with another woman as far as I am concerned. I know i should probably for to an al-anon meeting, but I'm not the one that needs the help, he does. I don't know how much longer I will put up with that. I deserve better. I have stopped talking to his sister about this, she will listen to me and say yes this is not right, but will take no initiative to help. She herself has issues with alcohol. I feel alone and tired emotionnaly.Any toughts would be appreciated.