View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 03:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
megamysterioso
One brief hour...

Thanks so much everyone and I'm trying my best to stay strong during this time. I just feel that nothing will ever change for the better unless something drastic like this happens. When I say "better," I mean that I want me and AH to move forward and quit perpetuating this cycle. If that means divorcing then so be it. If we can separate for quite a while and he can get sober and get it together, there might still be a slight chance for us in the future. All I know is that practically no progress has been made in 3 1/2 years and I cannot waste my life waiting and hoping for change.

Of course right now, he is telling me that if I stick this out with him that he will "seek help." He even went so far to say "he didn't think it was 'that serious' and now that he does, he'll quit." I've talked to him about this before--uhhh--- for 3 1/2 years!!!! HELLO??? I told him that obviously OUR words have meant nothing to each other this whole time so now it was time "TO DO." To me there is no other solution for us other than "doing." Thanks for the support everyone.