View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 07:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
BayouSelf
Not a bad place to be....

Welcome to the "other side" mega. I'm so happy to hear you have made a decision. It's been 5 months now that my AH and I have been separated and while we were supposed to be working on getting back together, he hooked up with a "more understanding" chick from his AA group. Does it hurt? Absolutely. Is it the reason I never completely broke off our relationship, out of fear he would immediately move on with another woman? Absolutely. He hasn't had a drink in five months, but he's absolutely miserable and a practicing dry drunk. I'm really big on journaling and writing down my thoughts and feelings. Everytime, I feel I am in serious pain and am doubting my decision to leave my AH, I go back and read my journal, to remember that that life is now over and I can move forward. It does get a little quiet and lonely on this side, but I have the power to change all of that. I don't have to sit and wallow in it for very long anymore. I just keep very busy and I've been making as many new and supportive friends and I can find in alanon and open AA meetings. I'm actually happier now than I have been in a long time. Do I still miss him? Yes, but I'm sure that will eventually fade, now that I'm starting to live a happy and full life. Good luck and congrats on your decision. Someday we'll look back and wonder why in the hell we put up with the crap for as long as we did.