Old 04-27-2006, 09:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
whatsername

Unhappy New to the board....I don't know what to do anymore

Hi there everyone. I was fortunate enough to find this website tonight due to the fact that I couldn't sleep. I am 19 and my mom is an alcoholic.

My mom has been drinking all of my life, but it has gotten worse over the past three years. I currently live on my own (she is emotionally abusive and I didn't want to live there) and I have a 15 year old brother who lives with my dad.

Anyway, during the past six months she has left my dad and tried to commit suicide two or three times. Her last attempt was this past weekend. After a 72 hour stay in the hospital they released her, and then yesterday my mom did something I never thought she would do.

My parents took out life insurance policies on my brother and myself when we were born. Mine was in my moms name and my brothers was in my dad's name. Well, it turns out that my mom cashed in my life insurance policy. We were always told growing up that whenever we wanted to cash in on these policies, the money would be mine and my brothers'. So I called my mom and told her I had the check. She agreed to meet me at the bank to put it into my account where she attacked me in the parking lot, keyed my car, and cut my arms and assaulted me.

I know this sounds really out there, but trust me.....I'm not exaggerating even a little bit. I just don't know what to do. I love my mom so much and I have tried to be as supportive as I can....I just don't know how to rebound from this. It has seriously affected me, and I am just stuck.

Can someone please try to shed some light for me?