View Single Post
Old 06-09-2003, 03:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
margo

Hi Tammie - I'm really sorry that you are going through such a difficult time. I don't think that there are too many people who have not considered the idea of suicide at one time or another. I think that most times when we get those thoughts it's because all we really want is to escape the pain that we are feeling, not life itself. Suicide is not the answer - there is never anything worth taking your life over. I have lost 2 brothers to suicide and I can't tell you how many times I have wished that they had just reached out for help - the pain that is left behind when a loved one takes their own life is utterly devastating and unbearable. Tammie, when you feel this way, do exactly what you have done here - reach out for help to anyone and everything. Call a friend or family member, go see your doctor, call a crisis line, post here. You are loved, and those that do love you would do all they could and give all they had to help you through the pain that you feel. I'm so glad that you reached out here.

Love and hugs.