Thread: need help info
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 09:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Spider it really depends on what you mean by an "outpatient program." Many that I know of who have gone through 28 day rehab have then gone to AA meetings as many times as week as they could.

I know there is AA in Maine, lol.

However, please remember, there is "no completing the 28 day program with flying colors." Recovery is a life long process, and the 28 day rehab is just the very beginning of a long journey for her. Depending on how well she "took" to the rehab she will come out with a teeny bit of the fog lifting off her brain, a lot of questions, very few if any answers and more confused than when she went in.

She will be confused about the emotions she is feeling and may not even be able to put a label on a particular emotion. She may feel like she is in 20,000 pieces and trying to paste them back together one piece at a time. What I am saying Spider is she will not be "all better."

The best thing you can do for her is to go to some al-anon meetings to learn about your own actions and reactions. That way you are working on you, and she is working on herself, and hopefully somewhere the 2 programs will meet.

JMHO

Love and (((((to all))))),