View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awenasa
Awenasa

We read this in our meeting today. There was only five of us as we are starting a new branch of another meeting and word has not spread. It was a wonderful topic and brought things to light that i had not thought of.

For example I avoid going to see my family. None of them had a clue I was an addict. Hello? Didn't anyone notice how wild and crazy I was as a teenager? On top of that they get on my nerves when I visit them. We talked about accepting people espcially family for who they are. That is something I really needed to hear. I am now all of a sudden looking forward to visiting my family and applying what I have learned to see if my visit will turn out much better then it has in the past. I realize that my unhappiness was never them it was all in my that I was not accepting of them. That I am powerless over them just as they are over me. It always amazes me how I keep growing and growing and learning and learning.

Sorry if I jump from topic to topic. I also have ADD and my thoughts are always moving from one thing to another. So if I ramble please ignore or fuss at me whatever you think might help! lol