View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 12:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
godsonmyside
Vision of Hope

There's no rules in NA.
There are Guidelines that keep our Fellowship alive and free.

So at a few days clean folks should be speaking the NA Language that many of us learned over a period of time?

If others are really going to use over someone saying a specific drug, don't you believe they are looking for a reason to use anyway? Thats just like saying a 4th step made you use, when actually it was not getting honest while building the foundation in the first that takes you back out the door. Held on to a reservation that burned a hole in your pocket.

Empathy is a huge part of why NA works, Patients and Tolerance!!!! It's easier to B!TCH about what someone is saying rather than to show them what works. The members that cant stay clean and keep coming back, its easier to say they will never get clean rather than take them out for coffee and be apart of there finding recovery.

Its almost like finding the Spiritual Awakening and the freedom from the self made prison and saying nobody else has what I have, while in the same tokken, where did I find my freedom, in Narcotics Anonymous, the Program that was so freely given to me, I can only keep it by giving it away.
Self Rightousness is usually a Defect we pick up during our recovery process, its that we forgot what it was like when we got clean our selves.

When I got clean in 87 for the second time I went to rehab, and went to a NA meeting, walked through the door. This big guy walked up to me and said "You're chairing thre meeting", I had 2 weeks clean. So, what E,S&H did I have? I shared how the cops ripped me off, it was the courts fault that I was even in rehab, BLA, BLA, BLA!!!!!!!!! The big Guy got up after I shared and said welcome, "I've got Good news and Bad news!

The Good news is, you're in the right place, Bad news is Drugs aren't your only problem". Not to say that that kept me clean , but I learned from folks that took time to help me along the way.

God doesn't help thse that help them selves, he helps those who ask for help.

Peace,
Todd J.