View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
megamysterioso
One brief hour...

He Pulled Out the Gun

Wow- sounds like this weekend has been quite the sh*tter for many of us. Friday evening after all day of drinking, I was on the phone with my mom discussing my living arrangements. AH was hysterical b/c we had just gotten into an argument in which I did play a role b/c I refused to sit there like a doormat and let him deface me and hang himself on the cross any longer. He cocked his loaded gun and stuck it to his head and started screaming, "see how easy this could really be???!!! See?? See??"

I walked out my front door and "oh God he pulled out his gun" came out of my mouth and my mom became rightly hysterical. She demanded that I put AH on the phone and by the time I walked in, he had already put up the gun and those two went at it over the phone. I called my inlaws and got the machine. My mother called them after I got off the phone with her. She finally reached them on Saturday morning and that's a whole other story that I don't have the energy to get into. Immediately after this happened, AH started apologizing and saying that "it was 'only a joke'." About 10 minutes later, he wanted me to take him to a friend's house and at first I said no, but thought that he wanted to stay the night there and I wanted him out. I took him and actually stayed the night there myself b/c I felt safe in the presence of these other people. As soon as he was in the company of others, he acted "ok". I spent the night with the wife of the house and her husband kept AH occupied in another part of the house. I had already unloaded his gun secretly. I also gave his gun to my MIL and she said he will not get it back under any circumstances.

He was calm all day yesterday and most of Saturday night. Seems to have come to terms with our divorce- but who the Hell knows what is ticking around in his head. He thinks everyone involved "overreacted" which is BS b/c a loaded weapon is nothing to joke around with or take lightly. I am taking all measures that I can to ensure that I have a permanent place to go in case of emergency. I have my reasons for being here at all right now. If I had the funds, I assure you that I would not be. I know not to expect his calm demeanor to last for the duration of our lease. I am not comfortable by any means. I am preparing myself for anything and will be ready.