Thread: buttermilk
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2003, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lyn_blossom78

Wow, Lin, you really made me think!

I guess as far as food goes, oatmeal would be my "food". We always had to eat what was on our plate, and oatmeal is cheap, so we had oatmeal. Now I didn't like it too much to begin with, but now I really can't stand it! I refuse to eat it, except in oatmeal cookie dough, which is NOT the same thing as slimy oatmeal in a bowl with milk, and WAY too much sugar to cover up the taste!

There are other things, though--I can hardly stand to hear the sound of one of those metal lighters with the flip top. The sound of the top flipping sets me on edge. Once when I was in high school, after I was put in foster care, I was selling booster bars in an apartment complex, and one apartment door was cracked open. I knocked on the door, and I heard someone's lighter click really loud. I KNEW it was my bio-dad in there, and I was so filled with fear, that I flew out of that apartment complex! Scared me to death! I have better control over it now, but it stills sends shivers down my spine.

Now, the sound of my husbands diesel truck, and the sound of his ice smashing down to the bottom of his glass when he's drinking does it too. Just sets me on edge.

Lyn