View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 01:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
conscious78

Originally Posted by Hope4life
Ok, well, remember that guy I let go of a while ago? I did really well being out of contact with him ... for a long while. I ended up needing someone to help me move out of my apartment and he had a truck so I asked him to help me. He didn't have a problem with it when we talked on the phone.

But when he came to move my stuff, he just had a bad attitude the whole time. He acted so mean about it. Even though he said he didn't have a problem with moving my stuff, his attitude showed differently.

I can't believe that I was still so naive to think that something positive would happen out of that. The end result is a hurting heart.

I am not going to use over this. I really just wanted to vent and I needed someone to listen.
Hi, Hope! I'm new to this board and have been shy about responding to posts other than mine, but what you said struck me. It reminds me of my relationship with alcohol. It's like, I broke off the relationship for a good reason...we had our good times, but all in all it was toxic. In the back of my mind I knew that at some point in the future I may be weak enough to try and hook up with it (alcohol) again...just to see how its doing. Only to re-discover what I knew all along--that friend is no good for me. That friend was toxic before and will always be toxic. It's tough, but it's reality.