View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 03:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Aquiana

Thanks everyone for the advice and the well wishes. I just got off the phone with my mom. My dad is booked for a biopsy next Wednesday. She seems to be doing a little better than this morning but still really worried of course. I asked her if she considered calling his doctor and just letting him know the extent of his drinking. I'm sure the doc will use discretion. She said she probably is going to call him just to make sure he knows.

The interesting thing about the hepatitis thing is that he was hospitalized for when he was a teenager for what they told him was hepatitis. It is possible he's been a carrier all this time. If that is the case the rest of us, with the exception of my mom who donates blood and therefore is always screened, may need to be tested for it as well. Apparently a person can have hepatitis C for decades without symptoms. I feel bad for my dad. He's now afraid to be around anyone, including his grandson.

Again thanks everyone and I'll let you know how it goes. I know one thing, next time I see him with a beer I'm going to have to restrain myself from throttling him.