View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 11:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Zoey

Got called away and didn't get this sent, so missed some replys, so if I have repeated, Please forgive . Am sending anyway.

My feeling is that he probably did not tell everything the Dr. said.

Of course it is not the alcohol that did this. (My cig don't cause ANY health problems ya know)

At least he got to a Dr. My suggestion is let him mull over what he has been told, which probably means he will drink and think and think and drink for a few days.

I feel Dr.'s play it safe or cool with alcohol's and males. By that I mean they don't want to turn them off on Dr's as it is too difficult to get males or alcohol's to a Dr.

Doctors want patient to feel safe going to a Dr. so when they really need help they will see a Dr. (Just my feeling, no proof, but seems when a male goes to Dr. they get every test in the book, cause they so seldom go, females tell what is wrong and get offered a tranquilizer or anti-depressant, Dr. hope that will fix us, if not THEY KNOW we will be back. Just my observations, you all have noticed I bet)

It is all up to you, just had to throw out my thoughts. Never been through this, just reading, listening, studing male brain and human nature etc.

I want very much for your Dad to be well.