Thread: Got a question
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
constant

Got a question

Hey, I just have a quick question to put out there and see what y'alls take is on it.

My hubby chose on his own to quit drinking for 30 days (to see if his stomach felt better) and was successful. He was also very even kilter and pleasant to be around. (he also takes anxiety meds that he is NOT supposed to drink too) Anyway he decided last night that he would have a Bud Light instead of O'duls....mainly because it was in the fridge (has been for a month!) and he didn't want to drive to the store for O'duls. He had one.

Fast forward our son disobeyed (12 year old) and "upset" my hubby. He got VERY angry! Very unlike the "even" personality I have seen for the past month. Then this morning when I wouldn't scratch his arm he blew up......just like "old times". Cussed me and called me names......anyway my question is did the alcohol cause him to behave that way or were these behaviors surfacing and that is why he drank the beer? I have thought about it a lot.....he seems to be the even guy this evening and no beer. He only had ONE last night. I know that isn't good because generally it will lead to the same path, but I just wonder about the personality thing. Did he drink because he was feeling like an ass or did the one beer turn him into one?

Would love to hear any thought or insight. Sorry it took so long to lay out the back ground to ask a question.

Constant