View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 05:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
LizB

Jen;
Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! Your clean-time is amazing. What is it about summer that makes those damn cravings so intense? I noticed you are in Cincinnati-I am near Toledo-maybe these long, cold Ohio winters is what makes summer seem so appealing to use? Who knows...I just know that not abusing is a way better way of life than abusing.

My ex was a "H" addict, and he died in 1998. (car accident, not really "H" related, although he was on his way to get some when it happened...) anyhow, I am a prescription-pain-pill abuser, so I know first hand now some of the things that he was feeling back then. I never used until after he died, and back then I would have never imagined that I would be standing in his shoes, addicted like he was. I just know I don't want to end up like he did, so I finally did something about it, too.

Anyhow, keep hanging in there, and don't, don't, don't give in to your tempations and use again. Keep coming back here, I just stated coming here and the support is awesome!

Take Care, and keep in touch!!
LizB