View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 07:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
aasharon90

Smile Clean And Sober

Hi Jen and welcome.

My name is Sharon and Im an Alcoholic.

My drug of choice was alcohol. I agree once u come clean and sober, its the staying clean & sober one day at a time thats the trick. Thank God we have good support systems or programs to help us, so we NEVER have to be alone. We NEVER have to face lifes hard problem by ourselves. And NEVER be afraid to ask for what you want and need. I use to be afraid to ask because i didnt want to bother other people. Ud be surprise how many people are willling you help u out. Even if it's just to listen or take u to a meeting. Staying sober for 15 years has been a daily job in itsself. Waking up each morning remembering to say Please help me stay sober and at night to say Thank you for keeping me sober to my Higher Power.
When i came into AA via intervention by family members, i had the desire to stop drinking. I first Admitted i had a problem with it, then accepted it, then to believed in a Power greater than i could restore me to sanity. The desire to drink was lifted from me from the very beginning. Today, i still have some living problems, And even tho in a slow learner, i still remain teachable.
I have a non alcoholic husband and kids and thus no one here understands me. That is why I am glad there r countless AA meetings available for me to escape to. A place that i fit in comfortably whether it be a face to face meeting or here in Sober Recovery. Surrounding myself with people who understand me, that dont ask me question, accept me for who i am. With each of us sharing our own experiences, strengths and hopes with each other as we all trudge this road of recovery one day at a time. The FELLOWSHIP of recovery is AWESOME. So thank u for being here for me.
Much love and care coming ur way.

Thanks for letting me share.