View Single Post
Old 06-04-2003, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
EmotionalMeg
Learning to love life...

Ahhhhh.... the wisdom

Thanks Constant and JG, Darn it all... My conscience WAS right!! I DID already know the answers to my questions, but it helps knowing my mind was working right

And hey... I never thought about the GOOD that could come out of it - watching him self-destruct (aren't I mean?). After all, if he chooses to use I don't have to be feel responsible for anything right?! Hopefully the lessons that come out of it help him on his journey... But darn it! I hate to even THINK that he chooses to drink - I keep asking myself When the heck is he gonna GET IT?!!!

Anyhow.. this all leads to back to me in a HUGE way. I am very adament about focusing on MY best interests etc. and I told him that he could not live with me and the kids if he was actvely using - makes sense to me for various reasons. BUT, how specific do I need to be? I KNOW I made the boundary for ME, for MY peace etc... but what if he slips ONCE? Is that reason to enforce this boundary? Am I giving him false information by NOT kicking him out if he slips during thses excursions? I am somewhat bewildered

Thanks guys
Meg