View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
yeahme
chel918

Arrow Getting help

I commend you for trying to help your husband and him for realizing he has a problem. But by leaving him a few pills so he doesn't search for more isn't being supportive. If he has some hidden and he wants to do them he will, don't aid him by leaving him anything. Has he ever been in-patient? I know how it feels to not want anyone to know and live in a small town ( I lived in a town of 1700 people in Arkansas), but to tell the truth..... people know. and they would be more supportive than you would think. If he takes vitamins and supplements that's good for the body to heal itself of course, but he needs something to fill that time that he usually spends being messed up on pills with something positive that will distract him from wanting to do more. The best advice I can lend is to be there for him, not with drugs but with a stern heart and hand. If you think he has pills hidden (most of us hide lots of stuff very well), go on a hunt and flush, flush, flush it all!! If he gets mad........ just remember you're doing it to help not hurt him and let him work through his emotions.
Good Luck