View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GeorgiaPeach

In Over My Head?

I need some advice that I don't feel I can get from anyone else except from someone who has been through this personally. My husband woke me up last Wednesday morning at 5:30am to inform me that he has been using pain medication for the last 3-4 years and now he realized that he was addicted to them. That morning he was wanting help. We went to our local ER and because he wasn't showing any symptoms of withdrawal (he took 2 that morning), they would not help. He wants go get clean or so he says. I really felt like he did last week but on Thursday he took 3 or 4 (Methadone) and on Friday he took 2 or 3. On Saturday he took none and slept all day. On Sunday he woke up and took 2. On Monday he took none but then yesterday he took 2 and wanted another one last night. I have them and I would not give him one. We are using an all natural approach to all of this with vitamins and minerals and they seem to be working very good unless he is using and not telling me and that is why things are going so good. I did leave him 2 this morning because I was afraid of what he might do if he couldn't find the ones I have hidden and the feeling of not having any and going to find some (more than 2 probably) might be worse than taking 2 today. It seems as if he is doing too good and that he isn't as concerned with getting clean as he was last week. He was spending so much money and I started looking closer at our bank accounts and was getting closer and he couldn't come up with good lies anymore and I think that is why he told me. He acts as if he can take one or two and be fine and it won't hook him again. He hasn't been completely clean but he did say that the 0-2 a day that he has been taking lately was the least amount that he has had in his system in 3-4 years. I know that he is doing better but an I being hard enough? Should I still be concerned that he is still using behind my back? It seems too good to be true because he didn't have hardly any withdrawal symptoms and very few cravings that he told me about. Is my natural approach working that well or is he covering up that well? Any ideas? He doesn't understand that the supporter also has issues to deal with like all the money and lies for the past few years. Any suggestions? Thanks for listening.