View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 05:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
aasharon90

Smile Personal Appearance

Hi Im Sharon and I'm an Alcoholic.

For me my looks decieved eveyone. No one ever thought i had a drinking problem. Boy did i conceal that but good. Even fooled myself so i thought. : ) I guess it was the way i was raised esp. with so much disfunction in my family. So I thought. My mom, had that Dr. Jeckle Mr. Hyde personality that when she was went to work she was very elegant and stylish looking. The best of everything so i thought. Appearance wise. But unveil the lady then there was the monster. Anyway...i was brought up to act appropriately, and where children should be seen and not heard. Becareful for what u do or say because people will talk. Or what will the neighbors say. So i was and still am always worried what people say and think of me. When i went into treatment, i always went to group made up. Dressed nice. make-up etc. They strongely encouraged me to come back to group for a day with out all the fru fru. I tried and was sooooo into self and just new i was the ugliest one in group. They eventually laughed with me as i tried to cover up my feelings, but they could tell i was wearing a "mask". Im still a work in progress right now as i hope some of those layers of vanity are slowly peeling away. I still think we should strive to look our best inside and out. A smile most of all is worth more than words can say. Anyway....u probably won't catch me at the grocery store working without make-up or lipstick. : )

Thanks for letting me share here.